From 2003 James has taught in Macclesfield either once or twice a year. Originally when he came up he taught in a little room above pizza express, in a park building and in a hospital out-building. After that the group of practitioners in Macclesfield had the use of a building which became a buddhist centre…
For about a decade Chris Coppock, who was a major contributor to this, made audio recordings of the talks which James gave and also made (latterly with Charles Lomas) some video-recordings.
Latest set of videos now available – Refuge is liberation / Garab Dorje’s Three Points as the essence of refuge. From fusion to dualistic intention to non-dual liberation… ( Nov 2008)
Due to causes and conditions that buddhist centre eventually folded but happily James has continued to come north and teach in different venues, annually, since then.
I know some people are following through with the audios of the Macclesfield talks and thought it might be helpful to put the links to the available videos and audios which are available to listen or download from the simplybeing website…all grouped together on one page.
So far we have:
1. View of dzogchen Nov 2003 audio talk (audio only )
2. Dzogchen practice-Focussing and Distraction July 2004 audio (audio only )
3. Living with anxiety and doubt February 2005 audio (audio only )
4. Wisdom and compassion May 2006 audio (audio only )
10. Love,compassion,joy and equanimity- the four immeasurables June 2009 audio
11. Four foundations of mindfulness-a dzogchen perspective Jan 2010 audio
12. Working with change and impermanence Nov 2010 audio
14. Integrating openness and presence Feb 2013 audio (audio only)
15. Balancing relation and effort in buddhism Feb 2014 audio (audio only )
16. Staying open to life as it is Feb 2015 audio (audio only )
17. Buddhism and creativity Feb 2016 audio (audio only )
19. Working with life and death March 2018
We’re working on the videos for talks 10, 11 and 12 and I’ll add the links as they become available…